Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Frustrated

I have to say I have been avoiding a new post on the blog because our certification is still not here and I wanted to be able to post good news. Perhaps I set my expectations too high, but according to the time line we received from the agency who completed our home study, certification should have arrived almost 2 weeks ago. I suppose that I should be happy that we are no longer in such a hurry as Theo's parents have now chosen a family, so we know he will not be placed with us. While we are very happy for him, we are also a bit sad that we will not see him grow and develop and shower him with our love. On a good note, Terry and the kids have fallen for another little boy much closer to home and we really look forward to getting more information on him as soon as we have our certification, I think he is adorable and would fit nicely into our family, but am being much more guarded this time around. Ideally, it would be nice to get a CPS placement here in AZ with an infant, as I do have my heart set on a baby. Possibly a situation like Theo's where the parents just don't think they can cope with the child's brain injury for what ever reason, however, we are open to possibly taking an infant who has been substance exposed in utero, or even a healthy newborn who's mom has no choice but an adoption plan due to incarceration, etc, though our true hope is to help a child that might not otherwise find a home due to extreme physical limitations. That, after all, is what we are set up for at home, being wheelchair accessable and having aquired many thousands of dollars in special equipment and 10+ years of experience in that area. SO....hopefully this week the certification will get here and we can pick up our search for our special child.