Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Asian inspired set


I love to make things, recycle and up-cycle. This set was made from my fabric stash and I just need to add a diaper cover which will most likely be made from an old t-shirt if I don't get a matching gDiaper. It is the first set I have made in size newborn for our adoption as now there is a possibility that we could get a baby that won't yet fit into all the 6 month and up clothing I have made and purchased. Helen helped me stencil this set with Chinese symbols that are suppose to mean "green" and I am working on a second similar style set with symbols that mean "chosen". I did not make the leg warmers but they matched and I think they are adorable with the set.