Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

It is going to be....

....an anxious day. Although our meeting went pretty well last night we did not get an answer to our big question: "can our home study be used for Theo's adoption?" Because our agency does not facilitate interstate adoptions our worker has to have a meeting with the director over adoptions to get the answers for us. If the answer comes back yes, we move forward ASAP, if the answer is no, we will have to go through another agency for the adoption home study, which at best means more cost to us (an extra $400.00, ouch!) and worse delays because we will either have to re-do our training or they will have to coordinate with our current agency to get all the information....twice as much work. Another obstacle to overcome, another very emotional trial. I do think our worker understands that it is urgent to get things done as quickly as possible, but unfortunately, I don't think he has much control over that part. We have already waited over a month just for this meeting. I am not giving up....just a little discouraged as I don't like making this baby wait any longer than he has to before being placed with our family if we are chosen!