Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Friday, May 13, 2011

First visit for home study!

I would have posted last night but blogger was down. We have had our first home study visit and it went very well, now we know what we have to get done and are busy with a ton of paperwork. AND the home study is paid for. I was able to raise the total amount we needed for it and paid for it all at once which is wonderful. Today we are getting the most vital thing done....the fingerprinting as it can take the longest to get back to the agency and has to be in before they can file the home study for approval. I have the application for the agency 90% complete and am about half way through my auto biography....good thing I love to write!!!!! They also gave us specific forms for our references so I need to get them to people ASAP and thankfully I have them to take to my sister Mandy's wedding this weekend for my mom and sister so I don't have to make an extra trip with the very high diesel prices. I have kind of lost the key to the pool gate lock so I will be frantically trying to find that or replacing it in the next week before our next visit. AND I am so grateful to our friends the Johnson's for bringing dinner for our kids last night that was a brilliant way to keep them quiet during our meeting. Thank you!!!!! Just got to get in for a physical as Terry already had one scheduled for next week as he wanted one before he goes to England for Paul's wedding. I can not even relay how happy and excited I am at this moment, just hoping it is fast enough for us to have a chance of getting Theo.