Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

I know it's their job but....

Well I spoke with the lady from the agency yesterday who gave me a quick update on the neurological appointment for Theo. She said the results were very sobering that Theo is already very stiff. We understand that these doctors usually are giving you the worst possible outcome. It doesn't change our mind about wanting to adopt this baby that he may never walk or talk or interact. The number one thing is this child deserves to be loved and if we adopt him, he will be our son no matter what as long as we are blessed to have him here with us. I also BELIEVE that he has a chance in a loving, knowledgeable and resourceful home to possibly prove those doctors wrong. I can't even recall the number of times I heard those same words from Ethan's doctors, that he would do nothing and be nothing and not to even get our hopes up, and we have always been and will always be cautiously optimistic with out expectations. The bottom line is he will be loved, and he will be important to us, and we will do everything for him that we would do for any of our biological children....even if it means I have to change 20 diapers a day, give 3 or 7 or 12 or however many tube feedings a day, spend hours at therapist and doctors, and nutritionists, bathe, dress, and never give up hope for the rest of my life. He is wanted, and important and perfect in himself, he has touched my heart and a doctor saying he will never do or be anything does not change a thing. My answer will still be yes every time you ask me if I am still sure I want to do this.