Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Would you adopt an older child?

I would! Lately we have been looking at some great kids who need homes.....they have moderate to severe disabilities and have been in foster care for a long time! A couple kids in particular have touched my heart and I really hope they find the families that are meant for them. One little boy has a smile so like my Ethan's. He is eleven and has cerebral palsy, and I would be thrilled if I was chosen to be his mom. For us, adoption isn't neccessarily about wanting another baby in our family, it is more about wanting to share our home, our hearts, and all we have to give with a child who might not otherwise find a home because of their significant needs!