Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Q&A

Saw this on another blog and thought it would be a great getting to know you idea!

A book I highly recommend is: I read constantly, and love Sci-fi/fantasy, but series I can read over and over are: Twilght Saga, The Belgariad, Lord of the Rings series

A movie I watch over and over is: Harry Potter with my kids

A T.V. show I watch regularly is: I actually don't care much for TV, but will watch House and Law and Order with my husband

I love to collect: Fabric and yarn

My favorite thing to buy is: new clothes and toys for my kids because I get to see how excited and happy they are, and plants for my garden

A smell that makes me pause is: the smell of a brand new baby

My favorite sport to watch is: hmmm, I really don't like to watch any

My favorite restaurant is: Maharajah Palace

A moment when I achieved absolute happiness was: When I was married to my wonderful husband and then again when I finally held our son for the first time.

The music I listen to most is: Classical and New Age

My earliest memory is: Getting stung by a bee at my dad's construction site

My favorite flower is: Thistle

A game I like to play is: Kinnect Wipe Out with the kids

My favorite hobby is: sewing and knitting for my kids

A singer or band I currently listen to the most is: Possibly Enya

My favorite quote is: “Be Who You Are and Say What You Feel Because Those Who Mind Don't Matter and Those Who Matter Don't Mind.”

I drive a: Diesel E350 Turbo equiped with a wheelchair lift most of the time, but sometimes our Infinity I30 and other times an RV

If my house was burning down and I could only rescue three things, they would be: My husband, children and animals.

The city I would most like to visit is: I prefer the country side in it's natural state to any city in the world. I would like to do some humanitarian aid in Africa.

My favorite meal is: Lamb du piaza

Someone or something that made me laugh this week was: My daughter Chloe, she is a crack up!

My first paying job was: Cashier at Marshals department store

The memory that still makes me laugh is: Mark being able to clear a room with his terrible gas at just a few weeks old!

My best birthday was: My tenth. I wanted a Cabbage Patch Doll for a very long time, but they were too expensive and hard to find, and on my 10th birthday my mom found a store that had some and took me to pick one out. His name was Jeffery Irv, he was bald with blue eyes and two dimples dressed in a blue sailor suit....then when I was in 8th grade I gave him to a little girl who was homeless for christmas.

A smell that reminds me of my childhood is: The smell of CK1 cologne, it reminds me of the smell of Chrismas when I was a little girl.

The story behind my name is: My name was suppose to be Matthew, as utrasound said I would be a boy. I guess it wasn't very reliable back then. I am not sure how they came up with Rebecca!

My favorite color to wear is: Earth tones

My strangest possession is: Maybe my industrial snap press?

My favorite dessert is: home made ice cream and brownies

When I exercise, I like to: swim or hike

My favorite thing to do on a date is: We have four kids, so any time we are out alone is a treat, but to be honest I would rather be with all of them than away from them!

The best vacation I ever had was: Ethan's Make A Wish Trip to Wizarding World of Harry Potter and spending the week with 11 great families including Kurt Warner's

The best thing about being married is: Having someone I am comfortable talking to a bout ANYTHING!

The thing I am most passionate about is: My family

Favorite Cereal: Old fashion crunchy granola

Favorite Hobby: Sewing and knitting and sculpting