Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Monday, September 5, 2011

Letting go...

After much research and advice I am changing my tactics. Before I would only inquire on one available child and let other situations slip away while waiting weeks and even months to find out we were not what the birth family was looking for. So I am now keeping things open, and inquiring on multiple children at a time, knowing that it is not in my hands, but in our Father in Heaven's and he will make sure that the child that is meant for us comes to our family. I have faith that the child who needs us will find his or her way "home". I hope that this will make it easier even though I may have to be very patient for quite a long time. I have hopes that it will not take the 18 months that our certification is good for, and since we are very open, and specifically seeking special needs that it won't take more than 6-12 months to find "our child". I will continue to pray for guidance and situations to present themselves to us, and inspiration on where to search for a child who is just waiting for us.