Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Because I have been given much...

A few days ago I "met" a woman online who just lost her husband. She has three small children and is also expecting a baby girl and has nothing. I find myself in a possition where I can help her out, as we have plenty of baby girl items and knowing that it could be months, possibly even years before we are matched with a child, so I have desided to send some baby girl stuff to this woman. I don't know what I would do if I lost my husband, I know I would be devistated, but I also know that financially we would be taken care. I know many young families don't plan for this type of life event, because we just don't think it could happen to us. I am thankful for a husband who has always been concerned about "what if" to have insurance that would take care of our immediate needs. I am glad we have developed a plan and taked about what we would do if we suddenly found ourself on our own due to accident, illness, etc. No one knows what the future holds, or the time we will spend here with our loved ones, so we plan for the worst and enjoy every moment. And when we find ourselves in a possition to porvide comfort we need to be there, no matter if it is a friend or a stranger. We are the only ones that can make the world a better place, and change can only begin with us. I pray that this woman will find peace and that she will be provided for. What I can give is just a small gesture, but it is a symbol, of hope, that may be what she needs to get through this moment, to the next.