Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Saturday, February 4, 2012

Match Meeting, a wedding and a birthday...

It is going to be busy here (as if it hasn't been the last little while) over the next week and a bit. Our new home study is done and I am very happy with it this time. Our match meeting is just days away (and I am SOOOOOO excited, not nervous) I can not wait! My brother is getting married the day after and it is a renaissance wedding and I need to finish the kids costumes as Helen keeps reminding me ;0) He is the last of eight of us to get married, the one who waited the longest (our two youngest sisters, 11 and 14 years younger! got married last spring) so I am sure it is going to be quite an event. Then next week, my baby, Chloe will be seven years old! I can't believe how much she has grown from the tiny, vulnerable little preemie she was, to this funny bundle of boundless energy and social butterfly. This weekend we will be preparing invitations for her first party where she will get to invite all her friends and she is so excited. She is also excited that for the next two months and a bit she will be "twins" with Mark, as he does not turn eight until the end of April.