Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Thursday, November 10, 2011

Chill Out



Ethan's new comfy chair arrived and the same day I finally got a hold of the social worker for a boy who I have been wanting more info on for a long time....a picture and story that I keep coming back to and is still there after litterally YEARS. I am keeping my fingers crossed that we hear something back soon, but I know they are not in a real hurry after all this time, it is really about finding the RIGHT home for him. I just can't help but feel good about the situation this time, everything just FEELS right, but it is hard to be patient! Well it really got me thinking about the bedroom situation because this boy is Ethan's age and I don't really want to put him in a bedroom on his own.....but the boys have a LOT of equipment, and their beds take up A LOT of space, and we have already been seriously discussing modifying the house even more and since our bathroom has already been done for Ethan, we thought we might put the boys in the master bedroom and move us into the smaller room until we can build a new master suite. Our current room has plenty of space for two wheelchairs, two special beds, in addition to Ethan's gait trainer, and even space for some therapie mats for in home PT. Maybe now would be a good time to get a hoist to help get Ethan...and maybe his new brother (?) in and out of the bath tube, if like Ethan the other little boy does not like showers. There is even plenty of room in there for Ethan's special toilet and I have to admit it would be nice to have it in a permanant location. I even find myself wanting to move the special needs car seat into the van until we can get a second wheelchair tie down installed in the van. Anyway, it is going to be a busy weekend getting things organized....it will help keep me distracted. I am just glad I am getting over the cold I had last weekend and earlier this week. I am wondering if we need to order another comfy Chill Out Chair....even though it was expensive, I am actually really excited about the prospect of needing another!