Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Monday, June 20, 2011

So touched....

I guess it is because I don't see what I do day in day out as extraordinary or special I was shocked and humbled when I read my husband's nomination (of me) for KEZ Woman of the Year. This is just my life and I am the one who feels honored and blessed to be able to parent a child with exceptional needs because I get the privilege of witnessing miracles every day. I really think that if more people experienced what I have experienced in my son that there would not be so many special needs children in foster care or available for adoption. YES, it is hard, physically, emotionally and financially to raise children who need a lot of extra care, but it is incredibly fulfilling. You get back so much more than you give.
KEZ999 Woman of the Year
I guess I was probably even more emotional about it today than I would have been ordinarily because I got the call after I had just gotten home from Ethan having surgery today. Even though it was routine, it is still very hard to see him go through the pain of recovery. Thankfully my little man is now sleeping.....as comfortably as can be expected....after his orchiopexy (I hope that is spelled correctly), apparently it is very common for little boys with Cerebral Palsy to need this surgery.