Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Sometimes what you think are set backs are actually blessings

I was a little frantic when our agency told us that they weren't able to do an interstate adoption home study, and even more nervous when I saw the cost of the home study on the agency's website that we were referred to. Terry reassured me that it would be ok and we called the new agency hoping that we would be able to get everything done at least faster than we would have been through the agency we did our training with. Well, what I was expecting to take another month is starting tomorrow!!!!!! I hope everything is ready I have been scrutinizing the house since I returned from vital records this morning to get a new certified birth certificate for one that was missing from the fire safe that holds all our important documents. So, now everything is happening whirlwind fast and I am frantically trying to keep up....but it is good!