Our Adoption Journey!

A journal of our thoughts, feelings and steps in the process of adopting a child with significant special needs.

Thursday, August 4, 2011

Summer Holiday...

...is coming to an end. Today is our last movie day, and less than a week before school starts. I have to admit the first few days of having some time all alone is very appealing, mostly because I am looking forward to some moments of absolute quiet and being able to catch up on some house work as our regular house keeper has left us almost a month ago now. I know that once I have caught up though, those hours during the day I will have to find things to fill them while the kids are gone until we are matched with a child. My girls are very hopeful that we will get a call on or find a little girl, but it seems that there are ten times more boys available than little girls. I am sure I will be thrilled with either a boy or a girl. Anyhow, we are still waiting on our certification, but according to the now 60 day timeline we are still about a week away and then I am not anticipating it actually being here in the mail until the following week, however, I must admit, the timing is better. I know that immediate placement is unlikely, but in the event that we were matched I will certainly enjoy the hours getting to know our new family member on my own while the kids are at school and getting settled into a routine that would have been very difficult to establish during the kids' summer holiday! Plus I am looking forward to the cooler weather in another two months so we might actually be able to go out for walks. I guess we will just have to wait and see how things work out, because I know it could be quite a while before we even find another child!